ABEL TASMAN ADVENTURE PACKAGES
Kayaking...rock climbing...caving...mountain bike hire...horse trekking...diving...scalloping boat trips...beaches
Experience the most beautiful and unspoilt Western area of the Abel Tasman National Park
...Private golden sand beaches to lie on
...Crystal clear water to swim in
...Native forest to the waters edge
...Rugged Separation Point with seals and birdlife
PHONE (+64 3 525 9425) FAX (+64 3 525 8148) OR EMAIL
Excellent Budget Accommodation From $30 per night!
A grand 110 year old historic Inn, in a quiet rural
setting midway between Abel Tasman and Kahurangi National Parks, only 3 ks
- This area is hidden least visited treasure of Golden Bay. A 5 hour walking adventure on well marked tracks.
- Accommodation from $30 per night at the historic River Inn (110 years old). Relax on the balcony as the sunsets over the valley. Meet other backpackers in our international bar or grass covered beer garden and BBQ area.
- Transport available to and from the Abel Tasman Park.
- Walk or take our free bikes to the famous Pu Pu springs, some of the clearest and most pure water in the world. (Fill up your water bottle!)
- Take one of our free bikes to explore and find places to swim and gather your own seafood at low tide (oyster, cockles, and mussels).
The River Inn is a large fully equipped travellers hostel offering you warmth,
hospitality and lots of local character. Our two-storey historic hotel built around 1898
is located in Takaka, midway between Abel Tasman and Kahurangi National Parks.
Ideal Adventure and Exploration base:
Adventure activites available while staying at The River Inn:
- Kayak hire- $35 for 4 hours, $70 per day. Kayak on the peaceful and scenic Takaka River.
- Rock climbing and caving- $35 per hour includes guide, tuition and gear. Graded and more difficult climbs are also available for experienced climbers. Free pick up and delivery to Hang Dog Camp.
- Mountain bike hire- $25 per day. 14 different mountain bike tracks over some of NZís best scenery.
- Closest backpackers to PuPu Springs
- Float down the river with some of NZís largest trout. Wet suits masks, snorkels and booties for hire. $45 per person. Snorkelling experience necessary.
- Boat trips into Abel Tasman National Park catching scallops (In season). BBQ your own seafood, swim at deserted beaches, swim with dolphins. Boat cost with skipper $80-$90 per hour max 6 persons ($14 per hour per person). Trips of 3-4 hours.
- If your are on a Bus Pass take out 2-3 days and travel free to Golden Bay and the River Inn.
- Visit local farms - watch the cows being milked
- Farewell Spit Nature Reserve trips
- Sea kayaking
- Horse trekking
- Kayaks $35 for 4 hours $70 per day
- Heaphy Track bus pick up here
- Rock climbing - hangdog cliffs - Paynes Ford & Tarakohe
Golden sand, native forests, skilled potters, painters, weavers and woodworkers...
Back To Top